Cannabinoids & the Endocannabinoid System
• Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
• Cannabidiol (CBD)
• Cannabichromene (CBC)
• Cannabinol (CBN)
• Cannabigerol (CBG)
What are cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are compounds present in cannabis sativa/indica (marijuana) which bind with cannabinoid receptors in the body. Cannabinoids are also produced naturally in the central nervous system and immune system.
How can cannabinoids benefit you?
- THC may assist with: pain relief, relaxation, pain from nerve damage, control of anxiety, suppressing muscle spasms and convulsions.
- CBD may assist with: stimulating bone growth, stop bacteria growth, slowing inflammation, reducing blood sugar levels, decrease pressure in blood vessel walls,
- CBC may assist with: Stopping fungi growth, slowing inflammation, encouraging cell growth, contraction of blood cells.
- CBN may assist with: fighting free radicals in the blood stream, controlling pain, slowing inflam- mation, acting as a sleep aid.
- CBG may assist with: slowing bacterial growth, stimulating bone growth, encouraging healthy cell growth.